How To Change Your Background On Zoom
Easy Guide For Zoom On All Devices (Updated July 2020)
Changing your Zoom virtual background is a great way to show case your personality and hide your unwanted surroundings. No matter what device you are on, you can find our easy guides on how to change your background on Zoom. Start by browsing our guides below:
How To Change Your Zoom Background On Mac
1. First of all, switch on your zoom desktop application, then click on “Preferences” under the menu bar.
2. For the next step, click on “Virtual Background”. Then, select your preferred virtual background. You can even upload your own zoom background. In order to use virtual background, you will need a green screen. Make sure the “I have a green screen” option is checked below. To use virtual background without a green screen, your Mac OS version needs to be 10.13 or higher and, your processor must be an Intel Core i5 with a quad-core or better.
How To Change Your Zoom Background On iPhone
1. First of all, switch on your zoom app in your iPhone and start or join a meeting.
2. Once inside, click on the 3 dots below the screen.
3. Select “Virtual Background”
4. Here you can select an existing virtual background or add your own virtual background from your iPhone photo album. Do note that virtual background for iPhone is only available for iPhone 8, 8s, X, and later versions.
How To Change Your Zoom Background On iPad
1. Similar to iPhone, the way to change your Zoom background on iPad is by switching on the Zoom app and looking for the 3 dots.
2. After that, select “Virtual Background” and then select your background or upload your own.
3. If you do not see the virtual background option, it’s because it is only support on iPadOS 13 or later. Older versions are not supported.
How To Change Your Zoom Background On Android Phone
Unfortunately, Zoom virtual background is currently not available for Android phones and devices.
Frequently Asked Questions About Zoom Virtual Background
According to Zoom, the optimal size for Zoom background for your computer is 1920px by 1080px, or an image with a 16:9 aspect ratio. The file size of a Zoom background image should be under 5mb.
Currently, Zoom virtual background is not supported by Android devices.